Oral Roberts (1-4) vs. Ecclesia (0-8)
Date/Time: Monday, November 19, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: ORU Athletics.com
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Mabee Center / Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will kick off the 2018 Men Against Breast Cancer Oakland Hoops Challenge, Monday night, as the Golden Eagles host Ecclesia. Following Monday's game, the Golden Eagles will travel to Oakland University for the remainder of the tournament.
Monday's game will tip off from the Mabee Center at 7 p.m. and be streamed for free at ORUAthletics.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
Scouting the Opponent
• Ecclesia is averaging 66.5 points per game through the first eight games of the season.
• Freshman forward De'Vontae Ross leads the Royals' offense at 12.2 points per game, while Cash Krueger has grabbeda team best 29 rebounds this season.
• Ecclesia is located in Springdale, Arkansas, and is a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA).
• ORU and Ecclesia will meet for the first time. It will be the third time this year in which ORU has had its first meeting with an opponent (Southwestern, California Baptist).
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi has scored in double figures in four of the five games for ORU this season, and is leading the Golden Eagles in scoring (15.4 ppg) and rebounding (8.0 ppg).
• Kaelen Malone has now scored in double figures in four straight games with a career best 12 points in back-to-back games against California Baptist and BYU, where he made his first start for ORU.
• In his second game of the year, Kevin Obanor earned his first double-digit scoring effort, dropping in 12 points to match Malone for team-high honors at BYU.
• ORU basketball was featured on ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 twice in the same day, both for half-court shots. Former ORU player and current ORU women's basketball assistant coach Kyron Stokes drained a half-court shot backwards to earn the No. 10 spot, while CBU's buzzer-beater against the Golden Eagles was the top play.
• ORU will once again be one of the youngest teams in America with eight newcomers, including five freshmen.
• Junior Emmanuel Nzekwesi returns after leading ORU in scoring at 12.7 points per game last year and was second on the squad, and the top returner, at 7.2 rebounds per contest.
• ORU was picked to finish sixth in The Summit League, just behind North Dakota State and ahead of league newcomer North Dakota.
• Nzekwesi was a preseason All-Summit League Second Team selection after earning honorable mention honors last year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).