Oral Roberts (10-5, 2-0 SL) at Western Illinois (11-5, 1-1 SL)
Date/Time: Saturday, January 6, 2017 / 4:30 p.m.
Live Stats: at Western Illinois
Location: Macomb, Illinois (Western Hall)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team takes on the defending Summit League Champion, Western Illinois Leathernecks, in Macomb, Illinois, Saturday, January 6 at 4:30 p.m. inside Western Hall.
Fans may also view the live stats, see link below, or follow the Golden Eagles on Twitter, @ORUWBB.
- ORU will face Western Illinois for its third Summit League game of the 2017-18 season.
- The Golden Eagles are 21-19 overall all-time against the Western Illinois Leathernecks.
- The Golden Eagles fell to the Leathernecks twice during the 2016-17 season. ORU lost to Western Illinois 76-72 on January 7, 2017, in double overtime in Macomb, Illinois. The Golden Eagles fell again to the Leathernecks 76-62 on February 1, 2018, at the Mabee Center.
- Junior forward, Maria Martianez scored 16 points and recorded three rebounds in the team's last game at Fort Wayne. Martianez is currently second in the Summit League in rebounds per game with 7.3.
- Senior Faith Ihim scored her 1,000th career point against Arkansas and became the 20th player to score at least 1,000 points during her career. Ihim also has more than 500 rebounds, which makes her the 10th player in ORU women's basketball history to have more than 1,000 points and at least 500 rebounds. She scored nine points against Omaha and grabbed four rebounds. She is currently third in the Summit League with 7.2 rebounds per game. Ihim was awarded her first-ever Summit League Player of the Week on December 18. She has been named one of 30 finalists for the Senior CLASS award.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Faith Ihim and Maria Martianez were named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team.
- Last game, Maya Mayberry scored 12 points at Fort Wayne. As a freshman, Mayberry leads the Summit League in three-point percentage at 54.1 percent.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her sixth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds an 84-85 overall head coaching record.
- After two games, the Golden Eagles are currently second in the Summit League standings.
- For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.